DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 179):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 34 rows and 13 columns.
In thousands, except percent (73,376 represents 73,376,000)] Based on the National Health Interview Survey, a sample survey of the civilian noninstitutionalized population; see Appendix III
- Includes other races not shown separately.
- Estimates are age-adjusted to the 2000 projected U.S. standard population using age groups 0-4 years, 5-11 years, and 12-17 years.
- Refers to persons who indicated only a single race group.
- Figures do not meet standard of reliability or precision.
- Refers to all persons who indicated more than one race group.
- Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin may be of any race or combination of races.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.