DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 748):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 42 rows and 9 columns.
26,872,947 represents $26,872,947,000. Based on the 2002 Survey of Business Owners; see text, this section and Appendix III
- Based on the 2002 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS); see text, this section.
- Both firms with paid employees and firms with no paid employees.
- Firms with more than one establishment are counted in each industry in which
they operate, but only once in the total.
- Excludes large certificated passenger carriers that report to the Office of Airline
Information, U.S. Department of Transportation. Also excludes railroad transportation
and U.S. Postal Service.
- Excludes funds, trusts, and other financial vehicles (NAICS 525), except real estate
investment trusts (NAICS 525930).
- Excludes religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations
(NAICS 813) and private households (NAICS 814).
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.