DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1045):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 37 rows and 26 columns.
For years ending December 31
- U.S. air carriers operating under 14 CFR 121. Beginning 1997, includes aircraft with
10 or more seats, previously operating under 14 CFR 135.
- Other than persons aboard aircraft who were killed, fatalities resulting
from the September 11, 2001 terrorist acts are excluded.
- All scheduled service of U.S. air carriers operating under
14 CFR 135. Beginning 1997, only aircraft with fewer than 10 seats.
- All nonscheduled service of U.S. air carriers operating under
14 CFR 135.
- U.S. civil registered aircraft not operated under 14 CFR 121 or 135.
Data from 2006 include 154 deaths aboard a foreign registed aircraft when it collided
with a business general aviation aircraft over the Brazillan Amazon jungle. There were no
fatalities in tbe general aviation aircraft.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.