Who We Are
At Infochimps, we believe that making efficient decisions driven by big data will change the world for the better. As such, we create data and analytics solutions that are fast, flexible, and enterprise-ready while focusing on reducing risk and complexity. In short, we make big data easy for enterprises that value data-driven decisions.
Hiring the best and the brightest employees to create leading solutions for our customers is a top goal of ours. However, we wouldn’t be able to be where we are or do what we do without our chimpy culture. A typical day in the office involves solving some of the data world’s toughest questions, enjoying delicious food from local restaurants, and chatting with coworkers in our open office. While we definitely work hard, we also enjoy our days, laughing hard, having occasional Nerf battles, board game nights, and other shenanigans.
We are some of the top committers to GitHub. We’ve been regularly featured in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, GigaOm, TechCrunch, The Huffington Post, and ReadWriteWeb. We recycle, we host Big Data Love happy hours, and dress up for Fancy Friday (completely optional!). We are a team of extremely nice geniuses with helpfulness, curiosity, and expertise at the heart of all we do.
The Big Data market is predicted to grow 428%, and has been named a “Game Changer” by the National Intelligence Agency for Global Growth by 2030. In August 2013, we were strategically acquired by CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation) as the foundation of their Big Data line of business. This gives us the unique position of having the resources of a Fortune 500 company, while operating independently and preserving our nimble, rich, and strong start-up culture.
Come work with us!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, but there’s more than just a salary that comes with joining our team. As an Infochimp you will also benefit from:
- Working with a world class team of friendly geniuses eager to tackle hard problems and make the world a more beautiful and efficient place.
- Being an influential member of one of the finest data engineering and scalable backend teams in the world.
- Encouragement to become ever more excellent in your abilities through continuous career development opportunities.
- Flexible scheduling options.
- Our convenient locations in downtown Austin, TX, downtown NYC and in the Silicon Valley.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including great discounts on your cell phone bill, courtesy of our parent company CSC.
- A technology allowance for a brand new computer, monitor and/or noise canceling headphones of your choice.
- Office Joy – regular exciting team building activities and purchases (chosen by the team!) to increase joy. Some of the things we’ve done include: karaoke, bowling, minigolf, purchasing an espresso machine, getting beltbuckles, filling our office with plants, and bringing in Franklin’s BBQ.
- In our Austin headquarters office, we enjoy:
- Delicious free lunches (yes, they DO exist!) every day for your enjoyment. Check out this killer app our CTO Flip Kromer wrote: http://lunchlady.heroku.com.
- All the bananas you can eat, as well as a fully stocked kitchen with everything from beer and Diet Mountain Dew to organic yogurt, fruits, and veggies.
- Our convenient downtown location – with free parking – and within walking distance to a plethora of retail shops, coffee shops and restaurants, including the Whole Foods Flagship Store.
- An industrially designed, open working environment.
- Walking distance to Lady Bird Lake, the Hike and Bike trail, 4 gyms, 3 yoga studios and a spin cycling studio.
- In-office chair massages.
We value resourcefulness, teamwork, personal integrity and expertise. If you want to be part of our team, please send a resume and details about why you would be excited to work at Infochimps to email@example.com.